VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
Professional Training Programs
Eastern Colorado Health Care System Clinical Trainees and Residents
Welcome to the VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System and the Denver VA Medical Center! We look forward to working with you and making your Clinical Trainee appointment a valuable experience.
The items on this page comprise your application packet and must be completed before you begin your rotation at the Denver VA Medical Center. You must submit a completed application packet and checklist to either your Program Coordinator at your university, or your Program Coordinator at the Denver VA Medical Center. Your application must be submitted six weeks prior to the start date of your rotation. If you have any questions, please contact your Program Coordinator.
CLICK HERE for information about our Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency Program
CLICK HERE for infromation about our Psychology Internship & Residency Programs
- VHAECHAcademicAffiliations@va.gov This is the only email group which will be monitored for onboarding processes for ALL medical students and first time at the VA GME residents/fellows. All Academic Affiliations Agreements (AAA), Training, Qualifications, Credentialing, and Verification Letters (TQCVL), and Program Letters of Agreement (PLA), need to be processed through this email group in order to maintain signature integrity. Feel free to copy the service you work with. All medical students and GME trainees are welcome to use this email for any concerns about their onboarding, or any issue at the VA which needs resolved (except OI&T.)
- Secure Fax: 720-723-7904 This secure fax number is for submission of COMPLETED WOC packets so they can be routed for signatures without compromising private information. All parts of this packet are important, including the CARF. This form is used by VHA program support staff to set up your IT accounts & VA IDs. Incomplete information, will delay your ID. If you have questions, please email us at the above email address.
- Remote Access: https://vaww.ramp.vansoc.va.gov/selfservice/ Requesting Remote Access has to be done at a VA computer. It is fairly intuitive, but here are the answers to questions you will not know the answer to immediately. Request CAG access since you will not be using a VA issued computer, you will be using a badge reader with a non-VA computer. Please put Virginia Youngstrom down as your supervisor FOR THIS PURPOSE ONLY!! Virginia is the Program Support Assistant for Academic Affiliations and will go into the program daily to approve requests. You are an employee, not a contractor. Please put in both your VA email address and your University email address so you will get warnings when the remote access is going to be revoked for non-compliance with Annual training. We will put a step-by-step tutorial up on the website as soon as possible.
- Talent Management System (TMS) https://www.tms.va.gov/SecureAuth35/ First time users, please use the attached TMS Job Aid to sign up in TMS and do your Mandatory Training. You may put Virginia Youngstrom down for Supervisor FOR THIS PURPOSE ONLY. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and her phone number is 720-857-5338. All others may need to send an email to the TMS help desk if they cannot create an account or access their account: VHAECHTMSHelpDesk@va.gov Put in your University email so you ensure you get reminders when your training is due to expire. You do not have to be at a VA computer to access TMS classes or Mandatory Training for Trainees.
- Information Technology (IT) Help: Enterprise Service Desk (ESD), 1-855-673-4357. I recommend you program this into your cell phone under VA Help Desk so that it is available to you in an IT emergency. That includes trying to resolve any remote access issues you may have after the initial request.
- Facility Access Requests: These are taken care of by the service you are rotating through currently.
- WOC Appointment letters, are obtained only from HR. Current WOC Appointees, must provide current TMS MTT Certs to HR, along with any other required forms, before they can obtain extended or updated WOC appointment letters. Changing Programs – CMR 8 Fellows - a complete WOC application packet must be submitted to that VHA Program. DO NOT SEND WOC application packets, directly to HR.
- Please refer to #1 for any issue not addressed so that we can help you get to the right place quickly. We want your experience with the VA to be as smooth and rewarding as possible. Thank you!
Secure Fax: 720-723-7904 This secure fax number is for submission of COMPLETED WOC packets so they can be routed for signatures without compromising private information.
REQUIRED FORMS FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
All applicants must download and complete these forms in addition to the group specific forms and checklist in one of the four categories below.
*If you experience issues opening or downloading these forms in your browser, please Right Click on each link and select "Save Target As" to save the PDF forms directly to your computer.
- New Trainee Checklist
OF 306 (Sign and date the Applicant line on page 3)
- Random Drug Testing Memorandum
Clinical Trainee/Resident applicants should download and complete these forms in addition to the mandatory forms for all applicants.
Licenced Practitioner/Attending/Fellow applicants should download and complete these forms in addition to the mandatory forms for all applicants.
Nursing Student applicants should download and complete these forms in addition to the mandatory forms for all applicants.
Research applicants should download and complete these forms in addition to the mandatory forms for all applicants.