VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
Eastern Colorado Health Care System GeroFit Program
Eastern Colorado GeroFit Program
17 February 2021
What is Gerofit?
Gerofit is an exercise program that promotes health & wellness for Veterans. The Gerofit Program is a supervised exercise program for Veterans age 65 years old and over. The Gerofit program:
- Helps and encourages you to be physically active
- Shows you how to reduce the risk of falls
- Improves your ability to move and be active
How do I join?
To be eligible for the program:
- You must be a Veteran enrolled with the Veterans Health Administration.
- You must be at least 65 years old.
- Your overall health should be stable and sufficient for you to participate without needing continuous assistance.
Talk to your VA provider about joining Gerofit. You'll need an email address AND a smart device with a camera (smart phone, laptop/desktop computer, tablet) in order to participate. If you do not own a smart device you may be able to get a tablet through the VA.
Virtual Exercise Classes
Join other Gerofitters for an online group exercise class. Use the calendar below to access a group exercise class. If you are utilizing a VA issued tablet please contact a member of the Denver Gerofit team for instructions on how to access these group exercise classes.
|Core Strength & Low Back Pain
Do the current workout times not work with your schedule? We have additional options available for you!
Recorded video sessions
- National Gerofit Exercise Videos
- Denver Gerofit Exercise Videos
- National Institute on Aging (NIA) Go4Life Exercise Videos
- Balance Training:
- Core Strength & Low Back Pain
- Shoulder Health
- Tai Chi Workout
Need additional exercise logs or pedometer logs?
Visit the National Gerofit website for additional program information.
Lauren Abbate, MD, PhD
Courtney Bauers, MSW, LCSW
Toby Wellington, MS, CEP
Senior Clinical Exercise Physiologist
Sarah Wherry, Phd
Director of Exercise Program Quality & Delivery