VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
Eastern Colorado Health Care System GeroFit Program
Eastern Colorado GeroFit Program
24 August 2020
Gerofit is an exercise program that promotes health & wellness for Veterans.
The Gerofit Program is a supervised exercise program for Veterans age 65 years old and over. The Gerofit program:
- Helps and encourages you to be physically active
- Shows you how to reduce the risk of falls
- Improves your ability to move and be active
NOW: Virtual Exercise Classes!
Join other Gerofitters for an online exercise class.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
How do I join?
Contact us if you are interested. You'll need an email address AND a smart device with a camera (smart phone, laptop/desktop computer, tablet)
NOTE: If you do note own a smart device you may be able to get a tablet through the VA. Follow these steps:
- Veterans ask your provider to place a consult for Gerofit.
- Staff from our GeroFit program will contact the veteran and find out if a tablet is needed from the VA.
- If a tablet is needed, our GeroFit staff will request a tablet to be sent to the veteran.
Toby Wellington - Toby.Wellington@va.gov
(720) 857-2754 (gym)