VA » Health Care » VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System » Eastern Colorado Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC)
VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
Eastern Colorado Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC)
20 December 2019
Cory Christiansen, PT PhD
- Title: Professor, Physical Therapy
- Contact: email@example.com
- Personal Statement
Dr. Christiansen is an Associate Professor in the Physical Therapy Program. His research focuses on applying rehabilitation science to optimize functional movement outcomes for older adults with a variety of health conditions. Clinical areas of focus for Dr. Christiansen include rehabilitation after total joint arthroplasty and lower limb amputation. He teaches within the Doctor of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science programs, with expertise in Movement Science.
- My research is focused on optimizing physical health and life participation outcomes for older adult patient populations with a variety of chronic health conditions. I have been PI or co-I for several randomized controlled rehabilitation studies concentrated on exercise studies and physical activity analysis for a variety of older adult populations, including most recent focus on patients with lower limb amputation. These studies have involved interventions to promote both functional activity and quality of movement, especially related to chronic health and movement behaviors. I have recently led the completion of two pilot studies examining physical activity behavior-change intervention, one for patients recovering from total knee arthroplasty and one for patients with dysvascular lower limb amputation.
- Pub: Incorporating Specific Functional Strength Integration Techniques to Improve Functional Performance for Veterans After Total Hip Arthroplasty: Protocol for a Randomized Clinical Trial
- 8 August 2019 - Eastern Colorado GRECC researchers Jennifer Stevens Lapsley, PT, PhD, and Cory Christiansen, PT PhD, along with colleagues from the University of Colorado Physical Therapy Program wrote this paper detailing a research protocol to determine "if a functional strength integration intervention" improves outcome after total hip replacement surgery. Read more.
Eastern Colorado GRECC
Rocky Mountain Regional VAMC (RMR VAMC)
1700 N Wheeling St
Aurora, CO 80045