VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
Eastern Colorado Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC)
Veteran Community Partnership
1 July 2020
Resources & Tip Sheets for Providers, Veterans and Caregivers
Telemedicine for Older Adults during COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons Learned from Rural Telemedicine Project (GRECC Connect)
This site has a full page resources including:
- The recording of the webinar: Practical Tips for Telehealth for Older Rural Adults, with panel Q&A
- Quick Technology Screening Tool for VA Video Connect vs Telephone Visit
- Trainee Assessments
- Tips for Caregivers During COVID-19
- and much, much more!
Download: Tips for Caregivers During COVID-19 - added 12 May 2020
Download: Providers: How to Help Dementia Caregivers During Social Distancing - added 12 May 2020
- VCP CO June 2020 Newsletter
- 1 July 2020 - The VCP CO July 2020 Newsletter is now available online. The highlights this month is our upcoming networking call, July is National Women's Health-Culture Change Awareness Month and the topic of this networking call. The discussion will be facilitated by Dr. Diane Ricci, who is a Veteran, VCP steering committee member and Jefferson County Veteran Service Officer . The networking call is Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:00AM-11:00AM (MDT). Open the July 2020 newsletter for all the information.
- VCP CO June 2020 Networking Call Video
- 23 June 2020 - The VCP CO June 2020 network call had nine people join (included two people who this was their first time joining) and the discussion focused on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Watch and listen to the hour long call here.
- VCP CO June 2020 Newsletter
- 2 June 2020 - The VCP CO June 2020 Newsletter is now available online. The highlights this month is our upcoming networking call, the topic of the discussion is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder as it is National PTSD Awareness Month. The networking call is Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (MDT). Open the newsletter for all the information.
- Video: VCP/Give An Hour Webinar: Healthy Habits and 5 Signs
- 26 May 2020 - The objective of this webinar isto change the culture of mental health by encouraging everyone to stay emotionally healthy and to share the Healthy Habits of Emotional Well-being widely, especially during this time when all of us are struggling with the Coronavirus pandemic. This webinar will include the current tools we have launched in support of COVID-19 and how to access new tools as they are released. Watch the full presentation.
- Video: Resilient Medical Teams in Stressful Times by Heidi S. Kraft, Ph.D.
- 15 May 2020 - Colorado VCP is pleased to be partnering with PsychArmor Institute to offer a unique training on resilience in the face of uncertain times for providers, nurses and staff members hosted by PsychArmor Institute’s Clinical Director, Clinical Psychologist and Navy Combat Veteran, Heidi S. Kraft, Ph.D. Dr. Kraft will present on principles of resilience in medical personnel that have been proven to increase that reserve we all need in order to persevere through challenging and stressful experiences. View it here.
- VCP CO May 2020 Newsletter
- 15 May 2020 - Sorry it's late folks! Download it here.
- VCP Networking Call Minutes-VA/Community organization response to COVID-19
- 25 March 2020 - Download the minutes from the VCP Networking Call Minutes-VA/Community organization response to COVID-19. Download
- VCP January 2020 Newsletter
- 8 January 2020 - Download the January 2020 newsletter for news on upcoming events (also see below) and information on #VetResources. Download it now.
Podcast: Access to Care Rounds
Listen as Kathryn Nearing, PhD, MA, Associate Director for Education and Evaluation for EC GRECC, discusses the model with Hillary Lum, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Geriatric Medicine, and project coordinator Courtney Bauers.
Access to Care Rounds
EXAMPLE - 2019 ACCESS Rounds Evaluation Form
EXAMPLE - 2019 ACCESS to Care Flyer
Access to Care Infographic
Our team created this infographic to help understand our work. Download the complete infographic as a PDF.
Colorado Veteran Community Partnership
The Colorado Veteran Community Partnership was established in July 2017.
Mission – Improve quality of care for Veterans and their families through committed partnerships focused on improving VA-community connections for Colorado Veterans.
Learn more about Veteran Community Partnerships
The Colorado Veteran Community Partnership works closely with community partners. Joining Community Forces is an excellent source for Colorado resources, upcoming events and networking. Learn more at: http://coloradojcf.org/
Eastern Colorado GRECC
Rocky Mountain Regional VAMC (RMR VAMC)
1700 N Wheeling St
Aurora, CO 80045