VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
Eastern Colorado Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (EC-GRECC)
Veteran Community Partnership
1 June 2021
Take Our Survey, Please!
We are looking for feedback and ideas that will help us shape CO VCP for the future. It'll take no more than 6 minutes. Remember all those times you asked folks for feedback and all you heard were crickets? We wpromise to fill out all your surveys for years to come.
Connecting with the VA - 29 January 2021
This is a presentation that any provider who is outside of the VA working with a Veteran should watch. It will help you understand the services that are available to the Veteran and how to help them get those benefits.
Resources for Connecting with the VA
- COVID-19 Vaccine Planning: Frequently Asked Questions for Veterans
- Download this PDF to find the latest news and frequently asked questions/answers on the COVID-19 Vaccine. Download: COVID-19 Vaccine Planning: Frequently Asked Questions for Veterans
- VCP CO June 2021 Newsletter
- 1 June 2021 - Highlight: Helping Veterans Navigate VA and Community Services Using Technology: A Cross Sector Panel, Monday, 21 June, 2021, noon - 1:30PM MT. Dr. Hillary Lum, VA Geriatrician, and Kate Hatten, Executive Director of Home Front Military Network, will be part of a panel discussing lessons learned and sharing experiences overcoming barriers using virtual modalities. Community organizational members, VA staff, Veterans and caregivers are invited to attend. Find out more in the newsletter.
Open the June 2021 newsletter for all the information.
Reminder to please give us your feedback: Take the CO VCP Survey
- VCP CO May 2021 Newsletter
- 4 May 2021 - Highlight: Developing Solutions for Veteran Suicide Prevention: From Understanding Risk to Implementing Novel Programs, Thursday, May 6, 2021, 12:00 PM-1:30PM MT. Bryann DeBeer, PhD, Director of the VA Patient Safety Center of Inquiry-Suicide Prevention Collaborative and Clinical Research Psychologist at the RMR MIRECC and VCP steering committee member, will be presenting an overview of her research on suicide prevention in Veterans. Community organizational members, VA staff, Veterans and caregivers are invited to attend. Find out more in the newsletter.
Open the May 2021 newsletter for all the information.
- Video: Spiritual Wellness: Essential Catalyst to Living Well and Dying Well
- 6 April 2021 - Spiritual Wellness: Essential Catalyst to Living Well and Dying Well, Friday, 30 April 2021, 11-noon MT.
Ronald D. Skaggs, MDIV, BCC, Chief of Chaplain Service at Rocky Mountain Regional VA Medical Center will present on spitual wellness.
Chaplain Skaggs will discuss:
Spiritual wellness in the context of Whole Health
Spiritual wellness as a catalyst to healing
Spiritual wellness brings peace
How to consult, refer, & contact a VA Chaplain
Watch the video
- VCP CO April 2021 Newsletter
- 1 April 2021 - Highlights: VCP Networking Call - Spiritual Wellness, Friday, 30 April, 2021, 11AM - noon MT
Please join us for our April VCP Networking Call, the topic is Spiritual Wellness . The discussion will be facilitated by Chaplain Ronald D. Skaggs, Chief of Chaplain Service at the Rocky Mountain Regional VAMC. We encourage you to join the conversation and share about the work that is being done to serve veterans, their families and caregivers and to learn about available resources. All are welcome and we hope you can join us!
Instructions on how to connect in the newsletter!
Open the April 2021 newsletter for all the information.
- VCP CO March 2021 Newsletter
- 1 March 2021 - Highlights: Colorado Hospice Veteran Partnership's 1st Annual Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day Celebration, Tuesday, 30 March, 2021, 6 - 7:30PM MT
Please join us for this video presentation sponsored by eleven organizational members of Colorado Hospice Veteran Partnership. There will be time at the end of the event to chat and connect with other attendees. Community organizational members, VA staff, Veterans and caregivers are invited to attend.
More information will be available soon.
Open the March 2021 newsletter for all the information.
Colorado Veteran Community Partnership
The Colorado Veteran Community Partnership was established in July 2017.
Mission – Improve quality of care for Veterans and their families through committed partnerships focused on improving VA-community connections for Colorado Veterans.
Contact: Courtney Bauers, LCSW, email@example.com
Learn more about Veteran Community Partnerships
The Colorado Veteran Community Partnership works closely with community partners. Joining Community Forces is an excellent source for Colorado resources, upcoming events and networking. Learn more at: http://coloradojcf.org/
Join Colorado Veteran Community Partnership
If you are interested in joining Colorado Veteran Community Partnership simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line write Join VCP. Thanks!