VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
Eastern Colorado Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (EC-GRECC)
Veteran Community Partnership
18 September 2020
- VA Dementia Care Team Resource Guide
- This comprehensive guide compiled by the Dementia Care Team covers subjects from Brain Health Tips and Tricks to important phone numbers to resources such as VA Geriatric Extended Care Servicesy, Medicaid Long Term Care, finding alternative care options and day-to-day help.
Download VA Dementia Care Team Resource Guide
- Veterans’ Guide to Mental Health Services at VA Eastern CO Health Care System
- This guide was developed by the Denver-based Voices for Veterans Mental Health Council and the Mental Health Service of the VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System. We hope you find this guide useful! The guide includes phone numbers for all 12 VA clinics, answers to what to do in the event of a mental health crisis, information for those new to our region, resources for Veterans experiencing or at risk homelessness and much more.
Download Veterans’ Guide to Mental Health Services at VA Eastern CO Health Care System
- VCP CO September 2020 Newsletter
- 3 September 2020 - The VCP CO September 2020 Newsletter is now available online. Highlights this month:
Practical Approaches to Race-Based Stress and Trauma in Older Adults - Thursday, September 17, 12:00PM-1:30PM MT
VCP Networking Call: Suicide Prevention - Friday, September 25, 10:00AM-11:00AM MT
Veteran Suicide Prevention & Recovery in the Face of COVID-19 - Tuesday, September 22, 9:30AM-3:00PM MT
Open the September 2020 newsletter for all the information.
- September 2020 Events
- 12 August 2020 - September vitual events:
VCP Networking Call: Suicide Prevention, Friday, September 25th, 10:00-11:00A; Virtual meeting information to come!
Race Based Trauma Forum, Thursday, September 17th, 12:00-1:30PM; Details and virtual meeting information to come!
We will post this information as it becomes available.
- VCP CO August 2020 Newsletter
- 31 July 2020 - The VCP CO August 2020 Newsletter is now available online. Highlights this month:
Joining Community Forces updated website
Give an Hour July Update
Opportunity to help future CU Physicians learn to interview persons diagnosed with PTSD
Open the August 2020 newsletter for all the information.
- VCP CO July 2020 Newsletter
- 1 July 2020 - The VCP CO July 2020 Newsletter is now available online. The highlights this month is our upcoming networking call, July is NationalWomen's Health-Culture Change Awareness Month and the topic of this networking call. The discussion will be facilitated by Dr. Diane Ricci, who is a Veteran, VCP steering committee member and Jefferson County Veteran Service Officer . The networking call is Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:00AM-11:00AM (MDT). Open the July 2020 newsletter for all the information.
Practical Approaches to Race-Based Stress and Trauma in Older Adults Symposium
Give an Hour: Healthy Habits and 5 Signs with Katie Civiletto
Colorado Veteran Community Partnership
The Colorado Veteran Community Partnership was established in July 2017.
Mission – Improve quality of care for Veterans and their families through committed partnerships focused on improving VA-community connections for Colorado Veterans.
Learn more about Veteran Community Partnerships
The Colorado Veteran Community Partnership works closely with community partners. Joining Community Forces is an excellent source for Colorado resources, upcoming events and networking. Learn more at: http://coloradojcf.org/
Resources & Tip Sheets for Providers, Veterans and Caregivers
Telemedicine for Older Adults during COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons Learned from Rural Telemedicine Project (GRECC Connect)
This site has a full page resources including:
- The recording of the webinar: Practical Tips for Telehealth for Older Rural Adults, with panel Q&A
- Quick Technology Screening Tool for VA Video Connect vs Telephone Visit
- Trainee Assessments
- Tips for Caregivers During COVID-19
- and much, much more!
Download: Tips for Caregivers During COVID-19 - added 12 May 2020
Download: Providers: How to Help Dementia Caregivers During Social Distancing - added 12 May 2020
Join Colorado Veteran Community Partnership
If you are interested in joining Colorado Veteran Community Partnership simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line write Join VCP. Thanks!