VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
Eastern Colorado Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (EC-GRECC)
Veteran Community Partnership
31 December 2020
Archived Chapter News 2020
- VCP CO October 2020 Newsletter
- 2 October 2020 - Highlights: Colorado Statewide Virtual VA Community Mental Health Summit
Wednesday, October 7th, 9AM-3:30PM MT
Joining Community Forces Quarterly Meeting
Wednesday, October 21st, 9-Noon MT
Open the October 2020 newsletter for all the information.
- VCP CO September 2020 Newsletter
- 3 September 2020 - The VCP CO September 2020 Newsletter is now available online. Highlights this month:
Practical Approaches to Race-Based Stress and Trauma in Older Adults - Thursday, September 17, 12:00PM-1:30PM MT
VCP Networking Call: Suicide Prevention - Friday, September 25, 10:00AM-11:00AM MT
Veteran Suicide Prevention & Recovery in the Face of COVID-19 - Tuesday, September 22, 9:30AM-3:00PM MT
Open the September 2020 newsletter for all the information.
- September 2020 Events
- 12 August 2020 - September vitual events:
VCP Networking Call: Suicide Prevention, Friday, September 25th, 10:00-11:00A; Virtual meeting information to come!
Race Based Trauma Forum, Thursday, September 17th, 12:00-1:30PM; Details and virtual meeting information to come!
We will post this information as it becomes available.
- VCP CO August 2020 Newsletter
- 31 July 2020 - The VCP CO August 2020 Newsletter is now available online. Highlights this month:
Joining Community Forces updated website
Give an Hour July Update
Opportunity to help future CU Physicians learn to interview persons diagnosed with PTSD
Open the August 2020 newsletter for all the information.
- VCP CO July 2020 Newsletter
- 1 July 2020 - The VCP CO July 2020 Newsletter is now available online. The highlights this month is our upcoming networking call, July is NationalWomen's Health-Culture Change Awareness Month and the topic of this networking call. The discussion will be facilitated by Dr. Diane Ricci, who is a Veteran, VCP steering committee member and Jefferson County Veteran Service Officer . The networking call is Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:00AM-11:00AM (MDT). Open the July 2020 newsletter for all the information.
- VCP CO June 2020 Networking Call Video - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- 23 June 2020 - The VCP CO June 2020 network call had nine people join (included two people who this was their first time joining) and the discussion focused on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Watch and listen to the hour long call here.
- VCP CO June 2020 Newsletter
- 2 June 2020 - The VCP CO June 2020 Newsletter is now available online. The highlights this month is our upcoming networking call, the topic of the discussion is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder as it is National PTSD Awareness Month. The networking call is Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (MDT). Open the newsletter for all the information.
- Video: VCP/Give An Hour Webinar: Healthy Habits and 5 Signs
- 26 May 2020 - The objective of this webinar isto change the culture of mental health by encouraging everyone to stay emotionally healthy and to share the Healthy Habits of Emotional Well-being widely, especially during this time when all of us are struggling with the Coronavirus pandemic. This webinar will include the current tools we have launched in support of COVID-19 and how to access new tools as they are released. Watch the full presentation.
- Video: Resilient Medical Teams in Stressful Times by Heidi S. Kraft, Ph.D.
- 15 May 2020 - Colorado VCP is pleased to be partnering with PsychArmor Institute to offer a unique training on resilience in the face of uncertain times for providers, nurses and staff members hosted by PsychArmor Institute’s Clinical Director, Clinical Psychologist and Navy Combat Veteran, Heidi S. Kraft, Ph.D. Dr. Kraft will present on principles of resilience in medical personnel that have been proven to increase that reserve we all need in order to persevere through challenging and stressful experiences. View it here.
- VCP CO May 2020 Newsletter
- 15 May 2020 - Sorry it's late folks! Download it here.
- VCP Networking Call Minutes-VA/Community organization response to COVID-19
- 25 March 2020 - Download the minutes from the VCP Networking Call Minutes-VA/Community organization response to COVID-19. Download
- VCP January 2020 Newsletter
- 8 January 2020 - Download the January 2020 newsletter for news on upcoming events (also see below) and information on #VetResources. Download it now.