VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
At the Eastern Colorado Health Care System, we have established a number of procedures to assist you in getting an appointment without a long delay. Our goals are simple —
- you should be able to see your primary care provider within 30 days, and
- you should have faster access to specialty care.
If you have received a postcard stating that you need to make an appointment, or if you wish to leave a message for your provider, please call the facility at (303) 399-8020 or (888) 336-8262 and press 2.
Changing Your Appointment
If you cannot keep an existing appointment, please contact us as soon as you are aware you cannot make your appointment. This will allow us to reschedule you sooner as well as schedule one of your fellow Veterans for the original appointment date and time. Please call the facility at (303) 399-8020 or (888) 336-8262 and press 2.
For all clinics: Please call the facility at (303) 399-8020 or (888) 336-8262 ask for the specific clinic/service listed below.
List of Buildings and Clinics
BUILDING A: South Clinic
BUILDING G: North Clinic
Floor 1: Homeless Program, Life Skills, Mental Health Family Program, MHICM, Mental Health Walk-In and Resource Center, Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Clinic, Therapeutic Supported Employment (CWT), Women’s Mental Health Program.
Floor 4: Outpatient Mental Health Clinic, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Clinic.
Floor 1: Audiology, DAV, Occupational Therapy, Oxygen Refill, Prosthetics (walk-in) Physical Therapy, Rehab Med/EMG, Social Work, Wheelchair Repair.
Floor 2: Prosthetic/Orthotic Lab, Over the Counter Stock Goods.
Floor 3: Dialysis, Health Psychology, Pain Clinic, Transition and Care Management.
BUILDING D: Diagnostics & Treatment South
BUILDING H: Inpatient South
Floor 2: Dental, Medicine, Pathology and Lab.
Floor 3: Surgery Check-In, Bronchoscopy, Gastroenterology Lab, Minor Procedures, PAVE Clinic, Pre-Op/PACU.
Floor 1: Spinal Cord Injury.
Floor 2: Mental Health, Women’s Health Clinic
Floor 3: Medicine and Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
BUILDING E: Central Clinic
BUILDING K: Inpatient North
Floor 1: Dermatology, ENT, Geriatrics (Tue. p.m.), Orthopaedics, Podiatry, Wound Care, Vascular Surgery *Specialty Clinics.
Floor 2: OB/GYN, Primary Care, Women Veterans Health.
Floor 3: Eye Clinic, Geriatrics (Thur. and Fri. p.m.), Infusion Clinic. Teleretinal, *Specialty Clinics.
**Business Center: Agent Cashier, Enrollment, Financial Updates, Health ID Cards, Lodging, Pre-Registration for Admissions, Release of Information, Travel.
* Specialty Clinics: Anticoagulant Clinic, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Geriatrics, Infectious Disease, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Oncology, Plastic Surgery, Pulmonary, Renal, Rheumatology, Thoracic, Urology.
Floor 1: Outpatient Spinal Cord Injury, Spinal Cord Injury Pharmacy.
Floor 2: Medicine Inpatient Unit.
Floor 3: Rehab Inpatient Unit, Surgery Inpatient Unit.
BUILDING F: Diagnostics & Treatment North
Floor 1: Outpatient Blood Draw Lab, Pharmacy, Pre-Surgery Clinic, Radiology.
Floor 2: Cardiology (ECHO, EKG, Stress test), Neurology (EEG), Pathology, PFT Lab, Sleep Lab.
Floor 3: Cardiac Cath Lab, Electrophysiology, Interventional Radiology, Operating Room
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.