Request Your Medical Records - VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My HealtheVet badge
EBenefits Badge

Request Your Medical Records

Request Your Medical Records

Our Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We also assist providers with completing forms for patients.

We can assist you with the following:

  • access to your medical records
  • obtaining copies of your medical records
  • completion of forms for benefits, insurance, and other reasons

How to Submit a Request:

You can request medical records by mail, fax, or in-person.

Eastern Colorado Healthcare System
Release of Information (136D)
1700 N Wheeling St. Aurora, CO 80045



Denver Metro:

Southern Colorado:

Rocky Mountain Reginal Medical Center

1700 N. Wheeling St.
Aurora, CO 80045
Business Center, Building E, Floor 1

Monday, Wednesday & Friday
8am – 4pm

Closed Tuesday & Thursday


PFC Floyd K. Lindstrom Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic

3141 Centennial Boulevard
Colorado Springs, CO 80907-4094

Monday, Wednesday & Friday
7:30am – 3pm

Closed Tuesday & Thursday



What to Submit:

Please read the directions below on what is needed to request VHA Medical Records:

First-Party Requests - If you would like to request a copy of your medical records for yourself, you can either send us a written request that includes they specific records you want, your handwritten signature, and a date, or you can complete a VA Form 10-5345a, Individuals’ Request for a Copy Their Own Health Information.

Community Providers - Please fax us a written request on your fax coversheet/letterhead with the Veteran’s name and last 4 of their SSN (preferred) and/or date of birth, and what records you need to 720-723-6010. The written request must include a handwritten signature in accordance with the Privacy Act 5 U.S.C. 552a. The signature does not have to be by the Veteran, but by the staff member requesting the records for the purposes of treatment.

Third-Party Requests – If you would like us to disclose your records to anyone other than you, please complete a VA Form 10-5345, Request for and Authorization to Release Health Information. We will also accept any authorization that is HIPAA compliant.

HITECH Requests – HITECH requests cannot be accepted to disclose records that are protected by the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C 552a. Please provide a HIPPA complaint authorization signed by the Veteran or the Veteran’s legal representative

Record Request Status Checks – Please fax a written status check request to 720-723-6010

**Note – Electronic signatures are not accepted.

Please allow 20-business days from the date the request is received for processing.

Veterans Health Information Exchange program (VHIE)

VA is changing electronic health information sharing options to improve care coordination and continuity of care

VA electronically shares the right information at the right time with participating community care providers who treat you, in order to help you and your health care team make the most informed treatment decisions. This instant exchange of information can dramatically improve patient safety, especially during emergency situations.  VA is committed to protecting Veteran privacy. VA only shares Veteran health information with specific community providers when a Veteran is seeking medical care. Only community providers and organizations that have partnership agreements with VA and are part of VA’s approved, trusted network may receive VA health information.

VA Form 10-10164 – Opt-out of Health Information Sharing

VA Form 10-10163 - Op-In for Health Information Sharing


Questions? Please contact the Health Information Management Section at 720-857-5980.